Do you want to join us on our mission to provide quality fashion to the Finnish people? Helsinki Outlet will be the place where attractive fashion brands unite in a new and memorable shopping experience. We now seek our Centre Manager, with passion for retail fashion and sisu for the win.
Centre Manager – of a BRAND new retail experience
How do we unite great quality brands in a new, unique shopping experience that will soon be open in the Helsinki metropolitan area? Helsinki Outlet will be something brand new in Finland: a shopping village with a carefully selected collection of fashion brands, from outdoor sportswear to trendy design, all at great discounts. Visiting Helsinki Outlet will be something different: a destination that connects the Finnish spirit with a delightful experience of quality garment – we call it FINNISH FASHION FUN.
Helsinki Outlet will open in autumn 2019, and we now seek our Centre Manager to our growing team. You will report to Fortus Retail, and be overall responsible for the centre operation and all aspects of the centre. The tasks consist of all activities that influence the optimal performance of the centre, and that create a unique experience. The 3 main objectives are:
1. Maximize sales and transactional value of the visitors at Helsinki Outlet
2. Optimize service and appearance
3. Maximize visitor numbers
You will ensure the internal communication structures within the team, including structures in case of absence. You will lead the onsite management team, and manage regular team meetings to provide regular information updates and keep the synergy at its best. You will ensure that the centre operational standards of security, cleaning, the retail performance, customer centricity and Health & Safety legislations and policies are enforced – and you will be responsible for ongoing analysing of the business regarding possible changes to improve the operating performance of Helsinki Outlet. More in the details:
The tasks to make us thrive
1. You will plan and budget
You will work with us to develop and deliver the centre’s annual business plan, as well as create plans in cooperation with the responsible managers for the annual departmental budgets. You will also oversee and control the operational efficiency within the budgets of the departments.
2. You will maximize the Retail Performance
– You will do regular checks of the inventory, including stock, prices and visual merchandize
– You will monitor the single brand shop performance, and analyse and discuss possible changes with brand head offices to maximize brand performance
– You will do checks on brand partners’ mutual compliance
– You will do regular communication with brand partners
3. You will handle reports and presentations
– You will make all investor/internal reports
– You will supervise Sales Reporting
– You will make business presentations in regular Shop Managers Meeting
– You will do Business Information Pack for existing and potential tenants to support the leasing department
– You will make Concept Presentations to attract external parties
4. You will make people thrive through human resources
– You will ensure the company business policy and ethics
– You will do recruitment under the company terms and conditions in cooperation with Fortus Retail
– You will do induction of new staff members
– You will handle performance management
– You will provide training to team members to maximize performance
– You will organise and supervise working hours and vacation planning
5. You will handle the leasing
– You will be responsible for tenant mix analysis
– You will handle developing and implementation of the leasing structure/plan, in collaboration with Fortus Retail
– You will make business presentations and onsite meetings with potential tenants to support Leasing
– You will support Leasing in analysing which brand partner is best for Helsinki Outlet
6. You will manage the business and media relations
– The Centre Manager is the official face of Helsinki Outlet, and need to behave in a way that corresponds with the company ethics and policies
– You will be the official spokesman for Helsinki Outlet in the media
– And build good business relations with the local community, with the local authorities and organisations like Chamber of Commerce and other important businesses and organisations.
7. You will monitor and lead with the finance activities of the centre
You will cooperate with the Property Manager. In case of problems with lease payments, you will handle legal steps with Finance Manager, and plan asset management initiatives with Leasing.
You will secure quality through reporting
You will report to the head office and tenant head offices, supported by the Management Team.
– Business plan/business plan presentation pack for investors
– Weekly trading report
– Quarterly investor reports
– Budgeting (both Excel and PowerPoint)
– Budget pack (with KPI’s)
– Profit and loss
– Supervise regular bulletin for the shops in the centre
– Supervise weekly ranking list of the shops in the centre
Who are you?
You are self-motivated, flexible and with great sisu. You are a team-builder, who work hard for results and leads with example.
You have at least 5+ years experience from related fields, i.e. retail management. You love reports, planning and budgeting and live for fashion retail. You are outspoken – both in Finnish and English.
Why join the Helsinki Outlet team?
We offer a permanent role with competitive salary. We value diversity and a good working environment. You will be part of building something from scratch, and see tangible results of your work.
Send your CV and application in English via email to Gerben Boomsma email@example.com.
Application deadline is February 11th 2019.